ROTA OURO DO DOURO, RESTAURAÇÃO E TURISMO FLUVIAL E TERRESTRE, LDA
CLEAN & SAFE Establishment Statement
The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus causal agent of COVID-19 as an international public health emergency. To avoid risks and infections, ensuring the existence of an internal protocol that defines the necessary prevention, control and surveillance procedures, this establishment declares to comply with the requirements defined by Turismo de Portugal, according to the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health, which allow you to consider it a CLEAN & SAFE Establishment.
Training for all employees
All employees received specific information and / or training on:
- Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including procedures:
- Hand hygiene – wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into the ﬂexed forearm or using a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and sharing of food, utensils, glasses and towels.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature), check for cough or difficulty breathing.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the General Directorate of Health for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
Information to all customers
The following information is available to all customers:
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions in connection with the coronavirus outbreak.
- What is the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
The Rota do Douro has
- Sufficient personal protective equipment for all workers
- Personal protective equipment available to customers (if they do not have one).
- Stock of single-use cleaning materials proportional to their dimensions, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened with disinfectant, bleach and 70º alcohol.
- Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry / exit points.
- Place to isolate people who can be detected as suspected cases or confirmed cases of COVID-19, which should preferably have natural ventilation, or mechanical ventilation system, and have smooth and washable coverings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, masks surgical gloves and disposable gloves, thermometer, Kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
- In the sanitary facilities equipment for washing hands with liquid soap and paper towels.
The Rota do Douro ensures
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
- Cleaning surfaces and objects in common use several times a day (including counters, light switches, door handles, handles, telephones and printers). Preference will be given to wet cleaning, over dry cleaning and the use of vacuum cleaner.
- Air renovation of rooms and enclosed spaces is done regularly.
- In the areas of restaurants and beverages, the reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces is avoided as much as possible the direct manipulation of food by customers and employees.
The operation ensures
- That there is always a collaborator at the service responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of infection, especially on surfaces frequently handled and most used by the same, as indicated by DGS.
- The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag, which, after being closed (eg with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.